Give me a simple answer to my health:
When ALL the fad diets have failed…. the 4-Day ROTATION DIET makes friends with food again… .
It WIDENS your DIET from Day 1 …and keeps on widening : No other diet does that. More foods to eat… Just not all at the same time.
Organized eating helps you OBSERVE both foods and supplements so your health provider can identify problems… but relax with all the rest.
Learn to eat “normally” again and stop fearing foods. (See “PATTERNS” below for more details).
The RotationDietPlus Software makes this transition flexible to your life, your foods, your cooking, your recipes. Not someone else’s rigid diet plan or new recipes to learn.
And modify in seconds, as your health changes : Maybe you will discover you need to avoid a food a little longer at first. Or maybe its time to try a food back into rotation.
Practioners see clients trying to get well by experimenting with a dizzying, chaotic mix of expensive supplements, health providers, food restrictions, restrictive diets… (ie. GF, GF/CF, SCD/GAPS, Paleo, nightshade, Mediterranean, low glycemic, alkaline, histamine, lectin, food combining, etc…) and it’s not working : Who can possibly figure out what is working from that chaos? Help clients back to normality by systematic steps of Rotation Diet, ….to finally “tease out” what actually works.
BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE MEDIA-HYPED “BAD” FOODS that I MUST “FEAR” and cut from my diet?
First ask yourself if the actual problem may be that your chaotic eating and chaotic supplements have actually weakened your digestive “fire”. We’ll come back to that.
But OK, let’s look at some of these so-called “BAD” rap foods:
- ie. Hybridized wheat : “they say” the proteins are poorly digestible and there is higher gluten ; BUT quality wheat is a valuable prebiotic fiber, with valuable trace minerals, B vitamins… And can be made more digestible by sourdough preparation. OK this one may need to be temporarily on an 8 day Rotation, to observe. Maybe less hybridized wheat such as Einkorn.
- Pulses/ grains/ nuts/ seeds : “they say” these have enzyme inhibitors (ie. phytates) which stop mineral absorption : BUT these are a staple of some the longest-lived healthy cultures. They provide valuable liver-assisting-lecithin, fiber, protein, Vitamin E, a key antioxidant, and are a healthy way to reduce high meat consumption.
- Fruits : “they say” fructose requires liver involvement, and sugar levels are high : BUT fruit delivers rich vitamin/mineral nutrition including Vitamin C in its natural form, and is rich in antioxidants and alkalinizing. Fruits also deliver key salts: ionic solutions of minerals like sodium, potassium, chloride, for faster /effective hydration(as water follows electrolytes), so that muscles and nerves and the detoxification of metabolic wastes can function properly… Stress on kidneys…. that regulate blood concentrations of these vital minerals, fluid levels in the body, as well as waste removal….is eased.
- Eggs/red meats : “they say” cholesterol/ inflammatory nature of arachidonic acid/ high saturated fats, (low omega 3 in commercial meats)… all underly inflammation (including cardiovascular disease) : BUT they provide critical Vitamin B12, heme iron, first-quality protein, as well as keep stomach acids at a healthy level for a healthy digestive “fire” to “burn the diet cleanly” without a lot of poorly digested foods resulting in poor assimilation.
- Potatoes, yams, parsnips, seaweeds: “SCD/GAPS say” their amylopectin starch is harder to breakdown, possibly underlying gut bacterial imbalance: BUT yams are recognized as tonic/nourisher in Traditional Chinese Medicine, for example. Seaweeds are powerhouses of trace minerals including IODINE which is deficient in many diets, underlying thyroid disease.
- Fermented foods/ mushrooms : “they say” histamine and mold concerns : BUT fermented foods are rich in highly prized probiotics, as a key to gut health and digestion and in a balanced IMMUNE SYSTEM, and almost all traditional cultures have them as a frequently eaten food.
- Pasteurized Bovine Dairy : “they say” these are damaged proteins, with problematic casein : BUT when CULTURED (even if pasteurized), fermented milk is a traditional food in many healthy cultures around the world, a quality probiotic, that has pre-digested some of the casein, and comes packaged synergistically with vital animal-food-preformed-Vitamin A, a key nutrient for eyes and mucous membrane health. Raw milk cheeses from grass-fed cows, provide CLA (conjugated linoleum acid), an anti-oxidant/anti-carcinogen…increasing metabolic rate, reducing inflammation, supporting immune health…
- Cruciferous vegetables : “they say” these are thyroid inhibitors : BUT when cooked properly, they deliver significant liver benefits, are powerful antioxidants, a powerhouse of nutrition, great prebiotics, and recognizedto have an “antibiotic” capability due to their high sulphur content.
- Nightshades : “they say” these alkaloids (solanine) may be inflammatory… BUT solanine is also found in blueberries, artichokes etc. …many very very healthy foods.
- Bananas, avocados, chestnuts and kiwis : “they say” these are suspect if you have a latex allergy, BUT each of these foods have wonderful health benefits, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, fibre…
- and on and on……
SO CUTTING THE “BAD-RAP” FOODS… CUTS ALL THEIR UPSIDES out of your diet. Why do that when you haven’t yet experienced ALL the foods you CAN INDEED SAFELY eat, if ROTATED.
- reduces exposure to downsides in foods to only every 4 days
- gives your immune system a 4 day window of relief before another sensitization
- after 4 days you may observe a reaction, and reflect on the food eaten
- Starting Day 1, gives you LOTS more foods you CAN eat, if ROTATED,enriching your nutrition (Especially needed for long-term (chronic) illnesses that have depleted the nutritional status)
- KNOW in 3 minutes ALL you CAN EAT for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
Considered 25 females aged 25-67 following the Rotation Diet, to find a 50% decline in severity of symptoms. Those following the diet most carefully, showed improved gut symptoms at just 4 weeks. 
Considered 22 women on the Rotation Diet, finding their mean nutrient intakes met or exceeded recommended levels, with the possible exception of folate. Those adhering most closely to the rotation plan had better intakes of Vit C, B6, fibre, as well as folate. 
Considered 20 women aged 24-81 with IBS, who had failed standard medical therapies : BUT following the Rotation Diet, found they had minimal symptoms of IBS, at 1 year follow up. Those with significant continued adherence to food rotation fared better. 
My Personal Journey years ago :
Childhood respiratory and significant skin allergies were unresolvable by the medical profession. I just accepted hay fever both spring and fall, with at least one serious bout of flu every winter. I used a lot of anti-histamines and nasty cortisone creams.
Seeing same patterns in my two young sons, I determined not to put them through the same. Yet with the exhaustion of two young sons, I sunk further, so that I seemed to be reacting to literally all foods : Afraid to eat anything, my diet became chaotic, never knowing what I could eat safely, putting off eating til I grabbed whatever seemed “superstitiously” safe.
I stumbled on the Rotation Diet, and it quickly helped.
Since then, I have returned to the Rotation Diet again and again. It worked so well, that I would literally be able to eat everything without thinking…. and just as quickly I would “forget” to Rotate. But eventually, there was always a flare. So I have learned my lesson, and now eat FOREVER in ROTATION. My family lives this with with no-one feeling deprived : ie. Every Day 3 just happens to be a fish or chicken, with squash/Zucchini…. And I have perfected my own recipes to the way my family likes them.
I credit the 4-Day Rotation Diet as a key factor in my improved health.
Yes I do eat everything, but 4-day-Rotation revealed that almonds were not the friends I had previously thought (likely explaining why almost 1.5 years of SCD diet had failed me earlier). In Rotation, I do eat almonds, just less often, and in small amounts when I do…and so no bad effects. Rotation also revealed that I tolerate dairy best if fermented, but even then best every 2 rotations (8 days) ; chicken has revealed itself to make me sleepy and is no friend, but I can tolerate it without effect, every 2 rotations ; I tolerate wheat every 4 days, and perhaps more often if I make sourdough. Pretty much everything else is OK in 4-Day-Rotation. Eating in this organized way, revealed FOOD PATTERNS for me : Patterns that were hidden when eating more chaotically … forgetting and not even realizing all foods eaten in the past 24 hours….eating a small handful of the same foods daily because I though they were safe, even though symptoms continued. Not to mention the effects of adding a bunch of supplements to this chaos.
I have “cheated” badly, (ie. an entire month of visitors led to eating their favourites) : but I seemed to have developed greater “resilience”… and no longer collapsed immediately into inflammation/ symptoms, as I once did. HOWEVER, I do feel it after a few weeks, and feel remarkably better energy, mood, mental clarity, digestion and sleep when I return to 4 Day Rotation Diet.
And of interest : aging, chronically ill (cardiovascular and respiratory), medicated and overweight family members have visited, several times over the years, and each time I served up the 4 Day Rotation Diet : They commented that they were never hungry and indeed felt nourished and no longer craved snacks. Yet each visit one “magically” lost some 20 pounds, another found her digestion improve, all becoming more mobile and energetic, with noticeably better bowel health. Breathing and sleeping improved. The third senior member of the family who had a very delicate digestion and serious pain killing medication, was underweight and had not been able to digest more than snack-sized meals for years. From eating like a bird, she saw appetite return to eat normal portions in 3 weeks, with bowel health remarkably better, despite bowel issues being a side-effect of the serious medications taken.
Make friends with ALL food again : reduce fear and anxiety, relax digestion. Rotation is not a diet… it’s just organized eating with lots of choices you CAN eat. No hunger. Super Nutrition from the widest variety of whole foods you may ever have eaten (ie. different phytonutrients, different antioxidants, different fibres, different fats/oils, different combinations of vitamins and mineral and cofactors…). And the possibility of bringing super foods into your routine rotation.
Considered 12 women aged 37-50 with environmental sensitivity. They indicated what they ate over 4 days. The conclusion was they needed to widen their dietary variety to improve nutrient intake, as 75% of them scored poor intake of folate, vitamin B6, B12, and Magnesium. ) It is important to Eat a Wider Variety of Foods to achieve best nutrition and healing.
What others say Rotation Diet can do for you:
- (ON CANDIDA) “When beginning your…Canadida…treatment program, it’s particularly helpful to use the rotation diet to stabilize and improve your eating habits in such a way as to support your recovery process….The Rotation Diet … helps … feelings of deprivation that often occur when starting a CRC diet. When we eliminate favorite foods from the diet, we sometimes compensate by over-eating a substitute for a food we are missing. This can cause new food allergies or sensitivities to surface. Eating a wide variety of foods not only keeps the diet more interesting, it is packed with a variety of nutrients that are essential to recovery.”(from wholeappraoch.com/Candida)
- (ON SOFTWARE) “I have to say the (RotationDietPlus) software really helped me to organize my thoughts and utilize my doctor’s instructions on dietary advice better. Before using this software, I was very stressed trying to make up my own rotation. It (software) really cut down on time…” (RotationDietPlus Software User, April 2017. )
- (ON MULTIPLE FOOD ALLERGIES/ Sensitivities/ Intolerances): “I have recommended rotating foods especially to those of my clients who seem to develop more and more food sensitivities and lose more and more foods. Rotating foods enables them to re-introduce foods back into their diet. Before the RotationDietPlus Software, it was very hard to get clients onboard with a rotation diet. I now recommend the RotationDietPlus software in my group workshops for optimizing nutrition, and find it a very useful tool.” – Dr. Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCP, New York Times Bestselling Author of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis – Root Cause
- (ON PALEO) “If you’ve been maintaining a strict Paleo diet, but some things still aren’t clicking… there are very simple techniques to rebalance gut, and food rotation is one of them... you will dramatically improve your immunity and gut function.” ….. It (Rotation) is a highly valuable method that can be applied to your Paleo eating plan… within a few days of practice, (it) can easily become effortless….. This simple method can upgrade any Paelo diet and I highly recommend it, especially for anyone who suspects possible gut damage ….(Paleohacks, How to use a Rotation Diet to Banish Food Intolerance2017-09-29)
- (ON SOFTWARE) “I love your Rotation Diet Tool. I have only used it for a couple of days but it is already very helpful…. I am not even printing my food choices chart, I just keep it open on my computer and refer to it throughout the day for reminders… Thank you very much for creating this helpful and useful tool!” – RotationDietPlus Software User
- (ON SOFTWARE) “Greetings ! This software was a major help last year when I was implementing a rotation diet… excellent tool …..” (Dr. W. Harman, RotationDietPlus Software User)
- (ON SOFTWARE) “I love your Rotation Diet Tool. …Thank you very much for creating this helpful and useful tool ! … It would be nice to be able to add the meal/recipe I’m going to prepare and maybe even add a link….” (RotationDietPlus Software client).
- NOTE: DONE !: a 4 day Recipe Planner lets you set up your 4 days of recipes and drag in links.
The Rotation Diet Plus©Software helps to manage complex diets. Consult a licensed physician for the treatment of any ailment or disease, or any change in diet.